HOW TO ADD GOOGLE ANALYTICS TO YOUR WEBSITE
Google Analytics is an indispensable tool for any size of enterprise existing in the online world. It gives you insights and key stats to keep tabs on how your online existence is keeping up. It’s not only a vital health check but also a key source of getting information to base your future business decisions upon.
In this post we will give you a step by step guide as to how to add Google Analytics to your website:
1. Open Google Analytics in your web browser.
2. Sign in to Google Analytics using your Gmail account.
3. Go to ‘Admin’ and click on ‘Add a new account’.
4. Add your Website Name and the URL of your website along with the category, country and time zone from the drop down menus.
5. Customize the ‘Data Sharing Settings’ according to how you want them.
6. Click on ‘Get tracking ID’ after filling in all the fields.
7. Select your country and accept the Terms & Conditions.
8. Copy the tracking ID and add it in the header or footer of your website right before it closes the ‘Body’. (Putting it in the footer makes your website load faster than if you put it in the header)
9. Update the file.
10. As soon as the tracking code is added on Google Analytics tracking code page, next to ‘Tracking ID’, the ‘Status’ will show: ‘Receiving data’.
Once set up, you can go back to Google Analytics and go the ‘Dashboard’ where you get all the information displayed about your website such as how users visit your website, what your bounce rate is i.e. how many people visit your website, view the first page and leave, also how many people visit different pages and which ones, as well as categorized traffic into organic traffic and direct traffic. A list of countries your traffic is routing through is also available. Goal conversion rates can also be set up to better support your online business.
There’s so much you can do with Google Analytics. So you might want to give Google Analytics a try on your website, go through what it has to offer and get familiar with this one resource that is a must for any business with an online presence. Trust us; this will really increase the productivity of your website.
Written by: Unosha Shahid